Syllabus of Law
- Introduction to Law & Legal systems
- Architecture of a Typical Legal System
- Theories of Law
- Introduction to Indian Constitution & Legal System
- Interpretation of Law
- International Law
- Introduction to International Commercial Law-I
- Judicial Activism & Writ Remedy
- WTO & Emerging International Trade Scenarios
- Principles of criminal liability
- Law of Crimes Chapter I to IV
- Law of Crimes Chapter VII to XI
- Law of Crimes Chapter XVI to XXII
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Civil Procedure Code Part –I Ss. 9 to 12, 16 to 20
- Civil Procedure Code Part IV – Ss. 79 to 82
- Civil Procedure Code Part VII – Ss. 96, 97, 100, 101
- Civil Procedure Code Part IX – Ss. 132, 133 and 151
- Evidence Law- I, Chapter I, II & III
- Evidence Law- II, Chapter IV, V, VII & X
- Contracts Law
- Government Contracts and Quasi Contracts
- E-Contracts and IT Law interface
- Law relating to sale of Goods
- Corporate Law
- Understanding Money
- Foreign Contract Regulation Act
- Foreign Exchange Management Act
- Negotiable Instruments Act
- Prevention of Money Laundering Act
- Prohibition of Benami Property Transactions Act, 1988
- Understanding Administrative Law in the context of Good Governance
- Classification of Administrative Functions
- Understanding Governance
- Good Governance Initiatives
- Delegated Legislation
- Independent Regulatory Authorities and Public Undertakings-
- Principles of Natural Justice
- Tribunalization and Judicial Review
- Administrative Accountability – Legislations promoting Accountability
- Administrative Accountability - Institutions
- Administrative Discretion
- Judicial review of Administrative Discretion
- Ratanlal and Dhirajlal, The code of Criminal Procedure, 13
Edition, 1987. Nagpur, Wadhwa and Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- B.B. Mitra, Code of Criminal Procedure 17 Edition, Vol. I &
II. 1991 Kolkata, Venus Book Distributors.
- Ratanlal and Dhirajlal, The Indian Penal Code, 26th
- Ratanlal and Dhirajlal, The Law of Evidence 17th
Edition 1987. Nagpur, Wadhwa and Co. Pvt. Ltd.
- Sanjiva Rao, The Indian Stamp Act and Rules, Sixth
Edition, 1986, The Law Book Co. (P) Ltd.
- Sanjiva Rao, The Court Fees and Suits Valuation Act,
see latest edition.
- Mitra, Law of Carriage by Sea, 1972, Kolkata, Eastern
- Dr.Avtar Singh, Company Law, 7th Edition 1982
Eastern Book Company, Lucknow.
- Mulla, on the Code of Civil Procedure, 14th Ed. By
JM Shelat and B.J. Diwan, 1989 Bombay, Tripathi.
- Mulla, the Code of Civil Procedure (abridged) 12 Edn.,
by PM Bakshi, 1990 Bombay, Tripathi.
- Durga Das Basu, Shorter Constitution of India, 10th
Edn., 1988, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
- Shukla V., Constitution of India, 8th Edn. By
Mahendra P. Singh, 1990, Eastern Book Company , Lucknow.
- Pollock and Mulla, on the Sale of Goods Act, 5th
Edn. By R.K. Abichandani, 1990, Bombay, Tripathi.
- Mulla, on the Indian Contract Act, 11th Edn. By
Harshander S. Pathak (Students Edn.) 1990, Bombay, Tripathi.
- Pollock and Mulla, The Indian Partnership Act, 5th
Edn. By Abhichandani, 1987, Bombay, Tripathi.
- Principles of Administrative Law - M.P. Jain and S.N. Jain
- Administrative Law -
- Administrative Law - W.R. Wade
- Administrative Law - I.P.Massey, 1989
- An Introduction to Administrative Law - Peter Cane, 1986
- Judicial Review of Administrative Action - S.A. De Smith
- Administration of Natural Justice in India - S.S.Singh